Monday, 31 October 2011

nellie the elephant

.. if only it was that easy – to pack my trunk and leave! We have begun the tedious job of packing and sorting again. I have pasted one of my very early blogs (April 2009) below because it is so true for this move as well as the last.

 

“Life is a rather peculiar mix of spending as much time with friends, seeing friends for the last time and packing up the house. If you know anyone who would like to rent a delightful 3 bed cottage next door to the village pub please let us know! We would all prefer to be with our friends but there is still an awful lot to do at the house.”

 

We have 3 months before we return but one month will be spent travelling over Christmas so it’s really only 2 months to do all of the above. Only this time I am looking for someone who wants to rent a lovely 6 bed house and employ an awful lot of lovely staff, a gorgeous dog and 10 chickens. I am also selling an obscene amount of toys, furniture and two cars. I am not enjoying any part of the sorting selling experience. We are selling things that we had intended to bring back and it’s difficult to set a fair price and be available for people to come and look at and discuss the sales! And it’s far too hot to do anything apart from find a swimming pool and jump in!

No comments:

Post a Comment