So a quiet weekend in the middle of a normal week. We were out to dinner on Fri night. Looking after a friend’s daughter on Sat while they moved house, I went along to another friend’s for goodbye drinks and a dance performance at the Blantyre Arts Festival. Today was church followed by scones with friends and a 2 hours queue for fuel. The fuel was amazing as my phone was in the car on silent and I remembered it just before a friend called to say there was diesel at a petrol station on the other side of town. The queue wasn’t big and our friends were still there.
Watching friends pack up and leave makes us realise just how much we have to do before we leave Malawi in Feb. But by starting I would be admitting that we’re really going and I’d rather ignore that. I can understand now why others have said no to goodbye parties/events it’s much easier just to slip away quietly.
No comments:
Post a Comment