There has been a lack of blogging because I was away (out of Africa), I have been meaning to photograph the jacaranda trees and include on my blog and we are all doing normal life just now so it’s not very exciting!
Normal life for the kids is big school, five days a week 7-12pm or nursery three or four days a week (same time). The early start is hard going, some of the family are awake and ready for breakfast at 5.45am but some of us are not! The doc is finding the early start is productive in the office but would prefer not to be up so early! He is also working at home more as he is doing less clinical work and more writing/thinking.
My normal life involves kids stuff in the afternoons - lots of play at home and some socialising with friends. The mornings are spent doing a mixture of work, social and sport. The work is expanding and at the moment I am writing up an exhibition project, advising on an arts project, editing a document on agriculture, developing a training session for staff at the National Museum and looking after 13 gap year students – communication from them varies from “there’s a government official who says our visa papers are not in order and wants to speak to you” to “I think I’m really ill, I have a temperature of 39 degrees” to “do you have a spare saucepan”! so normal life it might be but it’s not dull!
No comments:
Post a Comment