I have done six days of my two week solo parenting.
We are doing ok. My tolerance levels are not too low, helped by three mornings of school and not too much work so that I can keep on top of everything. On Tuesday we made pink play-dough and paper boats and had another six children playing with us at various points in the afternoon!
I have had lots of social invites which is lovely and I have only managed to watch a couple of episodes of Brideshead Revisted. We are going away for the weekend to some friends who live just out of town which will be a nice easy weekend. The doc is busy with meetings and travelling from one end of the country to the other, to fit in visits to family. He gives his paper next week at the conference and also has a long shopping list of essential items!
To restore balance to the world we have just experienced four days of trio parenting with the doc. He provided some babysitting, bought chocolate, cooked us a meal and supplied easter eggs for the kids. He has now left us and seems to have taken everything with him. We owe you both ;o) and have found flights for October/November...just need to persuade school its a good idea.
ReplyDelete