A bit out of order but this blog is from our trip at Christmas and never got posted!
I expect that we all get different things from our road trip. The doc is relaxed, enjoying the open road, adventure and family time away from a busy job. Our eldest (aged 4) was impressed by lions and the waterfall and has spent the hols asking lots of questions but was particularly excited by the child size shopping trollies in the Lusaka branch of Spar where incidentally they also sell green & blacks chocolate! Our youngest finds the travelling more unsettling but has enjoyed having us altogether and has kept up with her big sister the whole trip.
And me, I enjoy being away and always pretend to be more adventurous than I really am. I would have been quite happy with a few nights at Ntchisi and some at the lake. Victoria Falls were worth the journey but I do find travelling quite tiring. We think that we drove 3,500 KM (about 8 days driving between 5 and 9 hours per day) I spent the journeys doing entertainment and some navigating and some more entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment