Sunday, 13 March 2011

making it up

Most parenting feels like you’re making it up as you go along. Here when there are less friends with kids at the same stage, I feel like we really do improvise, with few guidelines. This may make us more relaxed but sometimes I feel like I could do with advice or friends to reassure me that my kids are not brats! We’ve had a tough few weeks with our 2 year old, she does it in style often starting and ending the day with tantrums and I don’t want to fight every battle. However, the nice thing about living here is that we do have much more family time. I had a lovely morning with our youngest on Fri, painting and doing jigsaws and we’ve had a quiet weekend doing very little apart from watching the girls play.

2 comments:

  1. enjoy this time - it sounds like a cliché, but as someone who is in the throws of it can tell you -they soon grow up! :-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chatting to the doc this morning - he says they were fine for him while you were away. I think he was offering to look after them every weekend while you take it easy...he's so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete