Monday, 15 March 2010

working girl

So how does a museum curator find a job in Malawi? Help put together a grant application for an interactive display about clinical research and medicine in Malawi. We have just heard that our application was successful so I should have about 20 days work over the next year helping do some audience research to put the exhibition together.

 

I am also having fun getting involved with the Society of Malawi and offering some advice for the management of the archives. As part of this I joined a trip on Saturday to the National Archives of Malawi in Zomba. The staff were incredibly helpful and patiently answered our questions and let us have a look at some of the material and books, including the oldest book in their collection. The book is dated 1685, although I it looks like it is a later reprint of a book written in the 17th century in French about Africa this picture shows “dragons”.

No comments:

Post a Comment