Wednesday, 10 March 2010

days like this

It’s days like this that make me wonder if I’m cut out for living in Africa. A late night after a lovely dinner followed by a toddler awake and screaming from 3am, a busy morning followed by other toddler getting a high temp, so another visit to the malaria alert centre (all tests negative) and the prospect of a night of taking temp and calculating doses of painkillers. Apart from the malaria test not much different to life in the UK except that I worry that I’m exposing my children to extra risks, oh and it doesn’t help that the rains have ceased and the temperature has soared.

 

The doc’s research is storming ahead with 25 patients recruited already (he’s aiming for 200) although the bad news is that the other haematologist is leaving in June and won’t be replaced until September so for a few months there’ll only be 1 haematologist in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment