So how do you exercise in a hot country? Until this month I have found even walking with a pushchair too strenuous in the heat but I either need to stop eating cake or start exerting myself. The rains have been keeping the temperature down so last week I tried an aerobics class led by an energetic Dutch lady, whose English is excellent, although she has a great turn of phrase - while we were lying on our tummies she told us to make ourselves like a horseshoe. I find the commentary from a non-English accent restful and a slight distraction from the pain.
This mornings activity was a squash lesson with the doc, taught by the current Malawi squash champion, all for the grand sum of £2 plus court hire. He was lovely and had some really helpful suggestions, he seemed to enjoy playing as much as we did, I had forgotten just how addictive squash is although it is going to hurt tomorrow. I suppose the question is who will hurt more, me or the doc. Fortunately tomorrow is a bank holiday, it’s Martyrs Day when we remember those who died in the 1959 uprising.
No comments:
Post a Comment