Saturday, 17 October 2009

long week

It’s Friday as I start writing this although I’m not sure when I will get it finished. It has been a long week. Monday morning began with visits from the plumber, electrician and tailor all before 9 am. Then I was ill Mon night and Tues; fortunately there was lots of help around the house and the doc managed the household and children splendidly as I was flat out. There has been a bug going around for the past few weeks and I have been expecting it but I had forgotten how rotten they make you feel. The other mums here seem to all be so capable and carry on as usual when ill but I felt very un-capable. By Wed evening I managed to drag myself out for my birthday dinner, there were lots of people and we had a lovely evening; I realised just how many lovely people we have met in such a short space of time. Thursday our youngest came down with the bug and I as I continue writing this on Saturday she is still not herself. She has the delightful habit of continuing to be sick for days after a sick bug, although she is eating and drinking. By Friday I was very tired and the doc was busy with an assessment at work which involved evenings as well as meetings during the day. Anyway we made it through the week and actually Friday morning the eldest and I had time for a mammoth doll’s tea party. I expect you were all wondering what we put in a 40 foot container, now you can see – dolls, pushchairs and more toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment