Saturday, 10 October 2009

hot

I think that I have said before that I had forgotten how much I dislike the heat. And it is getting hotter, there is probably about 6 weeks of more hot then the rains should begin. Anyway, we have joined the sports club which has a great paddling pool and sizeable swimming pool both are ideal places to cool down. The photo shows another good way of cooling down hot children – washing the tea set. I am becoming a little paranoid, everyone feels so hot and a bit flaky in the heat I find it difficult not to assume the worst and regularly take the children’s temperature. It doesn’t help that there are a few bugs going round too. Despite the heat our garden is blooming, everything grows so much quicker than it would in the UK, provided there is enough water. We had another water cut this week, for a couple of hours, the scary thing is we never know how long they will last and we don’t really have back up water for washing and toilets etc. We plan to buy a water tank but we’re still recovering from hearing the price quoted! Drinking water is easier as we have a large filter and lots of bottles, also having 5 toilets means that there is plenty of water in the cisterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment