Bit of a nightmare morning. All because we have a cash flow problem, the doc gets paid at the end of the month but we have to move the money through three bank accounts and then get cash from the bank which all takes time! Anyway the electrician returned this morning to fit a new plug to the iron and a new socket to the wall (the last ones melted) and I discovered that I didn’t have enough cash to pay him. Our housekeeper wasn’t around as she had misunderstood yesterday’s errand and was doing it this morning, so I had to take the children to the bank, the easiest way to do this was to take our cook too so that he could stay with the kids in the car. We zoomed into town and found a space right outside the bank – result! Except that the machine was out of order and so were the other four that I tried. Rather hot by this point I did offer to pay the electrician next week but he (understandably) wanted paying today so we had to head out to another bank. This one was working and handed over the cash. I am not sure why there was a shortage of cash, we can only withdraw equivalent of £80 at a time as that is a huge wadge of 40 notes and the machines can’t count more than that.
Tuesday, 27 October 2009
the cook and electrician
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment