Friday, 11 September 2009

little miss muffett

Not been blogging much this last week as I am too busy entertaining visitors and managing staff! However, the appearance of the most enormous spider has driven me to write. I don’t mind spiders but this one was just outside my bedroom and it was huge. It wouldn’t fit into a cup to put it outside it needed a bowl! Even our guards were impressed by the size. I now have that tickly itchy feeling that makes me think something is going to be tickling my toes. It’s a good thing that we sleep under a mosquito net! Although we have had some issues with mosi nets this week. Our tailor came to make a set of curtains and a net in preparation for our visitors. The doctor drew a beautiful drawing of what we wanted - a big box to hang over our bed with openings in the side. It took all day but the net was ready by dinner time. There were very smart openings in the side but they didn’t close, leaving a large gap for the mosis to come and join us in bed. I have employed another tailor, who speaks English to re-hash the net so that we can sleep in peace. Note for my mum – we have bought a cheap net so we’re not sleeping unprotected!

No comments:

Post a Comment