Friday, 5 October 2012

africa and the doctor

So the doc is back in Africa, while the rest of us are at home. 

He has gone to Ghana for almost 3 weeks on a teaching programme. He will be teaching and working with other haematologists and doctors. He is also meeting people and talking abut future research projects. 

It feels like he is such a long way away and I know that culturally his week will be so different to ours. Me and the girls are carrying on normal life while he is seeing new things and being in a different way of life. Of course I would love to be with him, experiencing a new country but part of me is glad not to be doing all that with the whole family and the worry that goes with it. 

I do not enjoy solo parenting. There is a novelty to having the house to myself and getting on in the evening but it is a novelty that is short-lived and does not compensate for having all the responsibility. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Stumbled on your blog so reading it all at the moment. Take care x

    ReplyDelete