Life back in our house is the same but different. The nursery where the girls went when they were babies is just as lovely with lots of the same staff who remember them. The house is full of different furniture but the kitchen is the same and I have even put things back in the cupboards they were in before. I understand that wear and tear is to be expected when our house was rented out for 3 years but it doesn't stop me bemoaning the damage to the following – wood burning stove, vacuum cleaner, fridge and boiler. The floods, which happened during our first winter away, mean that there was quite a bit of re-decoration and some bubbly plaster!
New school for our biggest girl, she started today and enjoyed being the main topic of conversation in the Reception class. New job for me, which will start the week after next, I have worked for the company before as a freelancer so it won't be too different but it might be a strange being based in an office.
I have lovely (old) friends and it's fun making coffee dates to catch up. There are new shops which has made the essential purchases easier to get and moving stairs, deliveries that arrive and well stocked shelves have not lost their novelty (yet). We're also excited about the well supplied petrol stations!
No comments:
Post a Comment