This blog began with pictures of boxes and musings about what we really needed for 3 years living abroad. We are now looking at dates for our return to the UK and starting to talk about the logistics. Although we talk about our return we do want to make the most of our time here and enjoy the last year, rather than worrying about the next.
Some colleagues of the docs have just tried to organise to ship their possessions back home, to find that for political reasons it is going to be impossible. This means that they will have to sell or give their furniture and belongings away and move back home with suitcases and a few boxes. We always knew that this might be a possibility but it’s quite challenging when it comes to it. We have learned a lot about managing with less living here. Every day I feel extravagantly wealthy when I look at my possessions compared to those around us. I have no idea what our staff think about how much stuff we have, they earn a ‘good wage’ yet I expect that their possessions would fit into 1 small suitcase. Despite all this I feel a bit sad at having to leave some of my furniture behind and wonder how many pairs of shoes will fit into our luggage and what about my books?
No comments:
Post a Comment