My solo two weeks is almost over. I was not looking forward to it but with only a few hours to go I feel a sense of achievement. I have had lots of help from our staff and friends and a busy social life, all of which have helped keep me sane. The girls have been brilliant, we had a some issues at bedtime the first few nights but have got over that and they have been well and on great form. I am pretty tired and looking forward to not getting up before 6am tomorrow.
We had very few power cuts and despite the rest of Blantyre going down with a nasty flu bug we have remained healthy. We will leave for the airport in a few hours where we can eat or sandwiches, watch the plane land and the passengers disembark before waiting in arrivals.
The doc assures me that he has done lots of shopping and comes bearing gifts of chocolate, magazines, wine, jelly babies, books and clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment