Tuesday, 24 February 2009

there will be no more colds


There are some things that I will not miss about life in the UK and colds is one of them. Apparently we get less colds in hot climates because the viruses don't function so well in the heat. Our youngest has the delightful habit of being sick when she gets a cold; of course there are plenty of other things that can make her throw up and I am sure we will experience many of them.

I imagine that life will be simpler in Africa. We will have less stuff, the decision about what to wear will be easier as there will be less options. Explaining this to a two year old who has strong views on her outfits may not be simple. The shopping will be done daily or every few days as food won't keep as long. I am not sure how reliable the power is so we may have to do some laundry by hand, something I have hereto only done with my delicate underwear (and even that was a long time ago). In some way it may be more like life in the UK was in the 1950s, only hotter.

1 comment:

  1. There might be less colds but they are bad and the high temperatures that go with are hot!

    ReplyDelete