Wednesday, 11 March 2009

All Our Stuff



It sounds easy. Organise to ship what we might need for 3 years to Malawi and persuade family and friends to store the rest of our belongings. But there is a lot of stuff that is neither useful or beautiful; things that reflect our life, places we have visited, lived, people we have known and lived alongside. Maybe we have just accumulated more than other people. I am envious of friends who have unclutered homes, which must be easier to tidy. They would find moving abroad easier too.

Really, we don't need very much and I am longing to live with less and to be able to say that I can live without all my stuff, to turn my back on consumerism. Apparently a 40 ft container should be big enough to send the necessities to Blantyre. Our life condensed into 683 cubic feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment