Wednesday, 27 October 2010

tennis and tea

I had hoped to have a nice photo of one of our friends playing tennis in the Malawi Open Tennis Tournament, we turned up on Fri morning but his opponent didn’t show up, then it rained and his match got moved to Limbe sports club, about 20 minutes away so we didn’t see him play.

 

I am making some progress with my tennis and this week felt confident enough to go along to social tennis. There were 6 of us and we played doubles by hiring a couple of ball boys (with racquets) to make up the numbers. I still find playing tennis with ball boys a little weird, especially now that I realise that they are mostly much better players than I will ever be! After about an hour and a half I felt like I was going to collapse with heat exhaustion and explained to my 70 year old opponent that I was going to sit down and have a sugary drink, she look astonished and found someone else to finish the match in my place! Tea was provided after the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment