Monday, 19 July 2010

living today

Our eldest began the day by asking if we were going to England today. I think that she is still processing saying goodbye to her friend, it is especially hard because most of her friends have already left for the UK and we keep talking about when we go. I am going to make a conscious effort for us all to enjoy today and the next few weeks "before we go".

I expect that most of us live life planning what will happen next instead of living today. Malawians take this to the other extreme, we find that our staff don't like to plan for next month or next year, they're just trying to get through this week. Our cook regularly runs out of staple ingredients or I find that we've had no cleaning stuff for a few weeks because they don't tell me until after it has run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment