Thursday, 1 April 2010

sprained

Having managed life so far with no major injuries (unlike my siblings) I have sprained my ankle this week. There’s no exciting tale to go with it (despite the doc putting out rumours to the contrary) I missed a very large step in the dark after a lovely evening swim and my foot proceeded to swell up in an alarming way. A surgeon friend had a poke and prescribed a hand-me down (from UK hospitals) air cast which looks like a giant ski boot with no toes. It feels excessive for a sprain except that it allows me to walk although the advice is to rest with it raised – easy with 2 small kids! Thankfully it’s my left foot and our car is an automatic so I can still drive, otherwise I would be feeling even worse. I am surprised by how painful it is and do not like sitting with my feet up.

 

Do keep commenting dear readers, it’s good to hear from you! I am still trying to identify the anonymous “member” who leaves messages, although I suspect it might be a relative!

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the ankle. hope it gets better soon.
    i think you should have a matching one of those inflatable 'shoes' on your other foot, see if you start a new trend!!

    ReplyDelete