Friday, 8 January 2010

cultural exchange

After almost 4 weeks in the UK it feels very strange to be back. The country is much greener than when we left but there has not been enough rain for the crops and the last week has been very hot. Our eldest is delighted to be back, she was ill for a week while we were in the UK and the heat doesn’t seem to bother her. Our youngest put on weight in the UK, wasn’t ill and slept really well, however back in Malawi she is sleeping badly and is not feeling well this morning! I enjoyed the cold and certainly had more energy and as we hadn’t been away very long everything felt familiar. The whole Christmas thing took me a bit by surprise as there was no hype here and I’d forgotten what a busy time of year it is.

 

Anyway after a month of living out of bags I think that we were ready to come back. The house was immaculate when we returned and a roast dinner waiting for us as well as baking and fresh bread!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment