Monday, 23 November 2009

filling time

I am still working out how to fill the days. I have not been feeling very well this week which makes things worse as I feel lethargic so don’t really want to do very much. The doc’s diagnosis is a reaction to a yellow fever immunisation I had last week; getting the injection was typical Malawi: we waited 40 minutes because the driver had taken the bigger car to the airport then the eight of us arrived at the private hospital to discover we needed a prescription and that the cheque was not for exactly the right amount, this took some time to sort. The vaccine was duly mixed and then we waited for a long time for someone to give us the injection. In fact we waited so long that we gave up brought the vaccine back to our place and persuaded the doc to give it to us!

 

Anyway the days are filled with the children and seeing other people with children. Errands can be turned into events and it is easy to call in on other people. It is interesting because quite a few friends think that I need something to do but I am still trying to work out whether I really do. I am meeting an American lady this week who is looking for someone to take over teaching English to women but it is in the afternoons which is more difficult for childcare.

1 comment:

  1. hi ruth
    hope you pick up soon.

    "a few friends think that I need something to do"
    sounds like you're already doing enough...

    ReplyDelete